We are a truly global company exporting 80% of our production to 45 countries around the world and intend to produce over 50,000 bikes this year. We can offer you a job you won't find anywhere else.
Job title Account manager – Benelux
Responsible to Sales Manager Benelux
Benefits Car, Phone, Laptop, Retirement provision
Hours 40 hours per week
About the Company
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere we can make cities better places to live in. Our high quality products, combined with resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. If we are to continue to thrive we need to recruit great people who can contribute to our ambitious aims. We are a truly global company exporting 80% of our production to 45 countries around the world and intend to produce over 50,000 bikes this year; though we believe we’re just getting started. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
Employed by Brompton BV, this is a medior sales role in a region where further growth is required, and is a strategic focus for current and future investment – including the launch of Brompton Electric in 2018 and other exiting pipeline innovation, and the development of our flagship Brompton Junction retail format.
This role covers Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxemburg – markets where Brompton has operated directly with its retail network for the last two years, since parting with its long-term Distributor of 20+ years.
Reporting directly to the Benelux Sales Manager (based in the Netherlands & Dutch speaking), the role carries a significant degree of autonomy. You will work in a small energetic team with direct inside sales support from the UK to achieve your goals. You will take full responsibility for a part of the current Benelux Brompton retailer network (circa 50+ stores) and besides that you use everything within your ability to be entrepreneurial to create new business opportunities. As part of your role you are responsible for guiding events into the right direction together with the marketing department and sales manager.
Your principal remit shall be to grow bikes sales across the region, without traditional selling tools such as volume/bundle discounts or rebates to hand; and smash through preconceived attitudes towards the folding bike in The Netherlands.
Already sympathetic to Brompton Brand values, you will quickly grasp you are selling lifestyles, not just a bike. One of your greatest challenges will be to convey this to retail store staff around the region, individuals that are quite often a barrier to growth: ignorant to the joy and pleasure attached to owning a Brompton.
The role requires an entrepreneurial self-assured personality that is strongly results focussed, well organised, self-motivated and resourceful. You can work effectively and efficiently remotely.
Brompton is looking for someone with 2-3 years of experience, preferably within the bicycle industry (bike sales or parts and accessories), that has a clear understanding of market developments, strategic competition, suppliers and retailers within. You have the talent to confront the rapidly changing marketplace; and identify correct routes to sustainable long-term success.
Additionally, you will personable and resourceful.
- Build relationships with key contacts and customers, to gain clear understanding of their businesses, requirements and objectives, to ensure sales metrics are met and expectations exceeded
- To identify, target, liaise and visit core prospective customers
- To open dealerships, negotiate agreements and close sales
- Identifying and resolving customer concerns
- Creating suitable strategies for dealing with obstacles, customer objections and competitor situations
- To deliver a programme of product sales training and support
- To co-ordinate, deliver and monitor the Brompton Dealer Accreditation programme
- To identify opportunities that require additional support and resource
- To represent the company at trade exhibitions, events, demonstrations and seminars
- Set up and organise events with retailers & businesses
- Delivering on sales targets
- Management of day-to-day sales
- Represent the requirements of the customer to internal organisation
- Make an accounts analysis to set proper approach plan for your region
- Twice a month a meeting with the Sales Manager Benelux
- Deliver a monthly report to the Sales Manager Benelux
- Gather your own sales information to analyse and act on
- Frequently travel to Head office (London) (3-4 times a year)
- Full responsibility to set, organise, control and fulfil commercial events (you will have close contact with the marketing department)
Skills and Experience
- Strong sales, commercial, and customer service skills
- Seeing huge potential in our product
- Market aware and commercially focussed
- Fluent in English, Dutch and preferably French
- Consultative sales approach
- Strong numeracy skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years Channel Management sales experience – ideally within The Dutch or Belgium bicycle market - with proven trade relationships
- The role will require significant travel to current and potential clients, a valid passport and driving licence is essential
- A natural communicator with the ability to persuade and influence others
- Competence in the development and delivery of presentations
- An understanding of Brompton’s ethos and how this has shaped its brand values
- Passionate, determined and resourceful
- Knowledge of Advertising and Sales Promotion techniques
- Familiar with international variances in culture and legal issues as pertaining to sales
- Attention to detail and a willingness to dig down into details while retaining a sense of the broader picture are essential
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
- Car, phone, laptop, retirement provision
- 20 days per annum, statutory holidays and every fourth Friday of the month
If you feel that you fit within the Brompton team spirit and you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please email your CV and covering letter to the People team, at firstname.lastname@example.org – the closing date for this position is: 25th January 2018 – You are encouraged to submit when ready and not wait until the deadline.
Solliciteer op deze functie